Me Made May 2015: what I wore week 2

Thursday, May 14, 2015

My hems seem to have raised quite a lot this week! It's not that I'm feeling particularly risqué... it's just a lot of my older makes had shorter skirts. It's only recently that I've started making garments that are longer in length, so I guess Me Made May's got me mixing in my some of my older makes that have been languishing in the back of the wardrobe for a while. Here's week 2 in pictures:


Day 8


A couple of makes here that I haven't worn together before: a plain (and unblogged) Simple Sew Lottie blouse and my tartan pencil skirt made from the second Great British Sewing Bee book. 

Day 9


This is my absolute favourite dress! Not entirely me-made, but I think I've done enough modifications for it to count. I bought the original from eBay, where it was advertised as a vintage garment, originally belonging the seller's Grandma. I shortened it from ankle length, and altered the long sleeves to shorter sleeves, gathered into a cuff. I think I'd like to do more alterations like this, but it really relies on plumping on a decent original!

Day 10


I definitely didn't look like this on Day 10, due to having a bit too much fun on the eve of Day 9... So my Liberty self-drafted dress got another wear as it was an easy one to grab and throw on.

Day 11


I don't often wear my red Lilou dress, but I've taken it in a little at the waist since making it, and I think it fits a bit better. It's probably a bit too short for my liking, but I did enjoy how much the skirt swished when I walked around the office at work.

Day 12


Here's a picture of me in Urban Outfitters changing rooms, where I'd been trying on clothes to work out how I could make my own versions! I'm wearing my Dear and Doe Chardon skirt with a vintage blouse.


Day 13


Today I wore my spotty Megan dress (with self drafted pointy collar). My dress got a few compliments at work which was nice - must be another one that I don't wear too often!

Day 14


And to round up week 2, I wore this (unblogged) check skirt, with a roll neck jumper from Boden and hand-knitted heart brooch. I made the skirt from the Simplicity 2154 pattern (the accompanying blouse is much more exciting - you can see my version here). The fabric is from John Lewis, and I used the rest of it for the trims on my Mary Quant dress



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The Lilou looks great, but I thin the first day is my fav look. :):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlee! Think the first day might be my fave outfit of the week too :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!